Before I became a psychotherapist, I trained as an accountant in industry. I have senior finance and change experience, across a range of sectors. I left a senior role in a PLC to pursue my desire to make the profound benefits of awareness of self and other, through psychotherapy and personal development understood and accessible.
I work with people who approach me privately, or via their organisations as well as those referred by their GP and other agencies. I have extensive experience working with people in organisations, as a trainer, coach and psychotherapist, in both the public and private sectors, small, medium, not for profit and PLC. I understand the many pressures and dilemmas that people in organisations often experience.
Boundaries of confidentiality are formally and carefully agreed with you, and your organisation if appropriate.
I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist (Dip NLPt), INLPTA certified Trainer of NLP and qualified to use the psychometric tool MBTI®. I am a serving Board Member of the Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA) and abide by their strict code of ethics and conduct. The NLPtCA is an accrediting organisational member of the UKCP.
Common issues that clients bring:
- "I don't like my job, but I don't know what I want instead"
- "I want to do something different, but I'm worried about money"
- "I'm struggling to handle the stress"
- "I think I'm depressed, but I don't want anyone to know"
- "I'm struggling to cope with my divorce"
- "I'm having an affair and I don't know what to do"
- "I'm haunted by the past and can't move on"
Areas that I work with:
- Career transition / Dismissal / Redundancy
- Difficult dilemmas / difficult conversations
- Conflict / Problematic working relationships
- Being bullied, or the bully
- Stress / Anxiety / Depression
- Confidence / Self Esteem / Personal Presence
- Personal Relationship issues
- Sexual issues
- Sexual abuse / Trauma
- Addiction / Unwanted and compulsive behaviours